Monday, June 1, 2015

Sales-Executive's turning point in Life

Age:30, 
Profession: Sales executive
Income: 25,000
Problems: Marriage concerns, Low income, Limited friend of same age group

"Hello!! Yes Maa, I'll visit home. I'll come be next month to see the girl. I promise." Shikhar disconnected the line and threw his phone away to get ready for office. "When will life stop sucking?", said Shikhar and went inside the washroom

He is living in PG(paying guest) from past 2 years since his last roommate got married. An average height of five ft six inches with lean shoulders made his ways difficult to find a girl. But, thanks to arrange marriages. Even though no interest in marriages, he is following traditions to see different girls every now and then.Yet none of them suited him due to his limited options.

After singing some songs in absurd voice, Shikhar came out of washroom and picked up his formal dress. He has always prioritized his needs accordingly Darwin's theory. He had shelter, food, and clothes that weren’t the luxury but need. His moped had almost no good conditions, but he kept commuting on it for his sales services. Without having any food, of course who'll cook, he left his PG and kicked the bike away. As soon as he reached his blood-sucking office, he was called for a team meeting where a lecture on no sales is given by Managers. "Yes sir, we'll take care of these things in coming week", said Shikhar and left the conference hall. Sticking his ass to the same chair and desk with no view of girls around was another awful experience for him. 

The day started. Shikhar started imposing his ideas on calls to different clients. He kept complaining to God for every call that client disconnected with abuses. Life wasn't giving what he wanted, and there was nothing he can do about it.He picked up his cell phone and went to light a cigarette to smoke out his frustration. He scrutinized few girls while puffing out the smoke. "Damn hot she is!!"

The road was quieter than the usual days. He saw two bikers resting their bike, opposite side to where he was sitting. One of them had a glass bulb in his hand, filled with some liquid, his eyes looking for someone, stared at one place and he moved fast. Shikhar followed the man's glare and saw a woman in her late twenties having Pineapple juice at a stall. He calculated the math. As that man fastened his steps, Shikhar ran towards him and jumped with his head parallel to the ground and feet above two inches. He fell on the man's side and elbowed his knee. The electric bulb fell on another side. Some smoke out of it dispersed in the environment. Shikhar back kicked the man's face as he bent by elbowing. The first man was lying unconsciously on the ground. People around had called the security. The girl stood there watching Shikhar do what saved her from something she could have never imagined. The other person also started walking towards the scene to pick up his lying friend. He ran towards Shikhar. Shikhar ran towards him. When the distance was one meter, Shikhar jumped again, but this time with his leg high, knee-folded till chest, and kicked his chest. Everything Shikhar dead was out of nowhere or may be some Chinese movies he has seen. 

The security has come, the guys were nabbed and Police was called. Shikhar stood there after a brilliant unimaginative performance. He was lighting another cigarette when that girl approached him. "I can't even thank you for what you just did. But, thank you so much." She said. 
"Who were they?"
"Even I don't know. I have to figure it out. I'm going to Police station. Would you like to come?"
"I don't know. I got this office that I can't leave. But, I think you should go along with someone."
"I got my father in the same station I’m going to. So, there's nothing to worry. Where can I contact you if something comes up?"
"You can take down my number and let me know who they were. I know I acted out of my senses, but I don't want myself seeing involving with big gang group or so." Shikhar gave her the number with a serious look.
"You don't have to worry. I'll ask my father to get you any protection if it is required. First, let me look for who they were."
"Sure!!!"
"All right! I'll call you then. Bye. Take care. And thank you once again."


"Whoa!!What just happened?" Shikhar hissed and smiled a little as he walked among the people looking at him with appreciation. 


At night, Shikhar received a message from the same girl. She turned out to be a senior HR in one of the firms in the same building where Shikhar was working. Her crazy ex-boyfriend was planning on to take her down as she chose not to stay with him. He was arrested by Police for his doings. 


They continued talking as she continued appreciating him for what he did. There were meetings, exchange of looks and pleasurable emotional talks. The things went smooth for Shikhar for couple of days. After some day, he approached her and there was no point she could deny to her savior. He married to her after a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment